- Vital Gas mains upgrade for Worcester City Centre, starts 4 January 2021 for 12 weeks
- Part of Cadent’s £65 million investment in new gas pipes for the West Midlands
- Road closures, parking restrictions and temporary traffic lights needed
Vital work to keep the gas flowing in Worcester is due to start on Monday 4 January, for 12 weeks. Local gas network Cadent will be replacing old iron pipes with tough new plastic ones that will last at least 80 years. The work will mean residents and businesses can continue to enjoy safe and reliable gas supplies to heat their homes and power their businesses for decades to come.
Road closures and temporary traffic lights will be needed to keep engineers, residents and motorists safe while the work is under way.
The impacted roads are:
- Temporary traffic lights will be in place on the junction of Victoria Street and St Stephens Street from 4 January until 24 January
- Temporary traffic lights will be in place on the Northwick Road junction from 25 January until 7 February
- Rolling road closure from junction of Vine Street to junction of Northwick Avenue from 8 February until 7 March
- Temporary traffic lights on the junction of Vine Street and Eastbank Avenue with closure on Pinkett Street from 8 March until 31 March
- Temporary traffic lights at the junction of Norton Road will be in place from 13th February until 7 March
- Will be operating one way system from 5 February until 12 February
- Britannia Square will be operating a one-way system with no parking from 13 February until 21 February
- Back Lane South will be operating a one – way system with no parking from 13 February until 21 February
- Temporary traffic lights will be in place during the closure of Britannia square (13 – 21 February)
- Temporary traffic lights will be in place at the junction of St Oswalds Street from 22 February until 7 March
- Temporary traffic lights will be in place on The Tything from 8 March until 28 March
Cadent’s customer services team will keep local people updated as the project progresses. If anyone has any enquiries about this work they should contact the customer services team on 0800 389 8000.
To find out more about how Cadent replaces gas mains and how that affects residents and businesses go to www.bettergaspipes.co.uk