COOKIES AND SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Our website uses ‘cookies’ to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
What are cookies?
Cookies are plain text files. They can’t run programs behind your back or infect your computer with a virus. They can’t scan your computer for personal information.
Types of cookies:
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. Information collected includes, for example, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages viewed. These cookies don't collect information that personally identifies you and only collect aggregated and anonymous information. Performance cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your experience.
- Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an ad and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations, such as advertisers.
When you visit our website, our servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Some examples of the information we may collect include:
- your unique Internet protocol address;
- the name of your unique Internet service provider;
- the city, county, and country from which you access our website;
- the kind of browser or computer you use;
- the number of links you click within the site;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web page from which you arrived to our site;
- the pages you viewed on the site;
- certain searches/queries that you conducted via our website.
The information we collect in usage or web server logs helps us administer the site, analyse its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use, and improve the user's experience.
Cookies we set:
Cookies: _utma, _utmz, _ga, _gat, _gid (Performance)
We use Google Analytics to carry out statistical analysis of page use, page interactions and paths through the website to evaluate and develop our website - known as 'digital analytics'. To opt out of being tracked via Google Analytics, you can also use Google's opt-out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Google DoubleClick Remarketing
Cookies: IDE (Targeting and advertising)
We use Google remarketing to advertise online using text or image ads on the Google Display Network. Remarketing is a feature that lets us reach people who have previously visited our site and show them relevant ads when they visit other sites on the Google Display Network. You can opt-out of Google's remarketing program at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
Cookies: MUID, _uetmsclkid, _uetsid, _uetvid (Targeting and advertising)
These are cookies set by the Microsoft Ads platform. We use these cookies to display text and display ads across Bing.com. These cookies allow us to track when you interact with a Microsoft Property as well as providing insight for attribution purposes.
How to manage cookies
You can delete cookies stored on your computer or change your privacy settings at any time through your browser settings. Follow the links below to find out more:
What happens if I don't allow websites to send me cookies?
This website will still work and you will be able to get the information you need from it. It means we won't be able to monitor how you use our site and help us make it as useful as possible.
In the future we may add features that rely on cookies and you would not be able to benefit from them. We will update the information on this page if and when this applies.
You can find out more about cookies on the all about cookies website at www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Last updated 1st April 2017
Our social media accounts are for customers to interact with one another and ourselves, as well as to provide us with feedback on our service.
We do, however, monitor and review the comments posted against our accounts and reserve the right to remove anything inappropriate or offensive, and to report and block any members that do not comply with our social media policy or 'house rules'. Visitors' content and comments posted on our social media channels do not reflect the opinions and values of Cadent, nor those of its staff.
Reasons for removing posts include:
- abusive, harassing, attacking, threatening or stalking others;
- posting offensive, obscene or vulgar material or using language which is deemed inappropriate;
- communicating fraudulent and misleading information;
- advertising or promoting products and services, spamming and including irrelevant links in order to drive traffic to a particular website;
- for your own privacy, please don't publish personal information such as contact details on a public post. We will remove any posts containing personal information.Please remember to keep posts on topic. If you are going to make a comment on an existing post, make sure it is related - don't hijack another conversation. If you'd like to share something that does not relate to an existing post, create a new post.
- Last updated 16th December 2021