Accessibility Statement for Cadent Gas Limited
Cadent Gas Ltd is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Cadent Gas Ltd takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Cadent Gas Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Cadent Gas Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Recite Me is a web accessibility tool which allows you customize our website to meet your needs. Recite Me can help you if you use a screen reader or if you need our content to be translated into another language. It can also help you if you have dyslexia.
You don't need to download or install anything to you use Recite Me.
To launch ReciteMe, click the 'Accessibility Tools' link in the top left of your screen.
With ReciteMe you're able to:
- Play the text aloud
- Increase and decrease the text size
- Change font
- Change the background, text and link colours
- Use a reading ruler
- Highlight a word to discover its meaning using a dictionary feature
- Magnify what is on the screen
- Remove images and view the page as plain text
There is a full Recite Me feature list on their website, and you can download or view a user guide [PDF] there too.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Cadent Gas Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Cadent Gas Website:
(Please only use this address to provide feedback about our website - for any enquiries about work we are carrying out in your area, email email@example.com)
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Cadent Gas Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Chrome with JAWS on Windows 10
- IE11 with JAWS on Windows 10
- Safari with VO on macOS
Cadent Gas Website is not compatible with:
- Browsers older than 3 major versions
- Mobile operating systems older than 5 years
Accessibility of Cadent Gas Ltd relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Cadent Gas Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Cadent Gas Website:
- Various elements: Low colour contrast because brand colours. We are nternally assessing the impact of site-wide changes. Alternative style sheets available via the ReciteMe tools as a temporary measure until this is resolved.
- Videos: Non-descriptive buttons because of third party code (YouTube / Vimeo).
- Recite accessibility toolbar: Focus order issues because of third party code.
Setting up your browser
Changing text and background colour
- Go to Tools > Options
- Select the Content tab
- In Fonts and Colors, click the Colors button on the right
- Set your colour preferences for text, background and links
- Uncheck 'Allow pages to choose their own colors instead of my selections above’
- Click on OK in the Colors window, then click OK in the Options window
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- In the View / Tools menu, click Internet Options
- On the General tab, click Colors
- Click on the tick box labelled Use Windows Colors
- Click Text, and select the colour you want. Click OK
- Click Background, and select the colour you want to use. Click OK
- Go to Safari > Preferences
- Select Appearance tab
- Click Select to the right of Standard Font to choose the font, size and colour
- Close the window
Cadent Gas Ltd assessed the accessibility of Cadent Gas Website by the following approaches:
- External evaluation - Digital Accessibility Centre (DAC)
We're continuously improving our website to make it accessible to everyone, and we're proud to say that in May 2020 we received accessibility accreditation from the
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Cadent Gas Ltd
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.