- TheJobCrowd says Cadent is the top UK company for apprentices to work for
- UK’s biggest gas network is also ranked 20th in top 100 firms for graduates
- Job hunters’ website bases its results on reviews from existing employees
Cadent is the UK’s best company for apprentices to work for, and is among the top for graduates, an influential website for job hunters has just revealed.
, dubbed the ‘TripAdvisor for jobs’, has published its 2018/19 official rankings, after analysis of surveys of existing employees at over 600 firms.
Cadent, the UK’s biggest gas network, has earned top spot for apprentices, rising from a 5th
place ranking last year (Cadent's first official year as a standalone business).
Comments left by its apprentices included:
- ‘Different scenarios on a daily basis, no two jobs are the same’
- ‘Working outdoors, freedom, driving, challenging, mentally stimulating’
- ‘I just love the job’
- ‘A great industry, with a lot of room to learn, improve and to progress’
- ‘Working within the community and making a difference’
Cadent was also delighted to learn it had earned 20th
place for graduates.
“This is amazing news,” said Chris Mead, Head of HR at Cadent. “We aspire to provide a rewarding and enjoyable career for our apprentices and graduates, so I am delighted they’ve given such positive feedback on their experience with us so far.”
Cadent recruits around 50 apprentices every year, on a dedicated programme that supports their learning of the skills needed to safely and efficiently deliver gas to 11 million homes and businesses in England, from Cumbria to London. It usually runs two recruitment campaigns a year – the next starts in autumn 2018
Cadent also runs a graduate recruitment programme
, with starting salaries of £27,500 (degree level) to £28,500 (masters degree). It’s an 18-month programme, consisting of three six-month placements. Graduates then move into a full time role, helping shape the future of our business and the wider energy and utilities sector.