At Cadent, we’re passionate about investing in talent and supporting our future leaders and engineers to gain the best skills, experience, and behaviours. Whether you're a recent graduate, a school leaver, looking for a career change into engineering, or already working in the utilities sector, we have an opportunity for you to join our Future Engineering Programme.
Our unique 24-month Future Engineering Programme is designed to support aspiring engineers at any stage in their career, from recent graduates to those already working in the utilities sector. The programme provides a unique 24-month experience that combines theoretical learning with on-the-job training to develop technical and leadership skills.
The programme offers tailored paths for participants with different educational backgrounds:
· For those with a minimum B/5 GCSE in Maths, the programme provides a logbook focusing on technical development and experiential aspects along with sponsored further education to achieve a HNC in Mechanical Engineering alongside an experiential logbook that will support you in achieving Engineering Technician registration, the first rung on the ladder of being a professionally registered engineer.
· For those joining with an Engineering Degree, the programme offers four six-month placements to help you achieve your potential as an engineer. The Professional Engineering Program is accredited by IGEM, and you will receive mentorship through professional registration. You will develop technical and leadership skills and begin your journey to professional status (Incorporated or Chartered) as part of your professional development.
You’ll be supported every step of the way by a dedicated programme manager, business mentor and line manager who will conduct regular reviews to ensure you're on track to succeed.
In addition to the above, our Future Engineering Programme also offers a hybrid working model, providing flexibility to participants. Upon completion of the programme, participants are eligible for registration as an Engineering Technician (EngTech), with a view to becoming an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer. The programme is available across all regions, and we are now accepting applications for the following roles:
· Future Professional Energy Operations Engineer Training programme
· Future Professional Capital Delivery Engineer Training programme
· Future Professional Workshop and Welding Engineer Training programme
· Future Professional Mechanical and Welding Engineer Training Programme
· Future Professional Integrity Engineer Training Programme
· Future Professional Control Engineer Training Programme
· Future Professional Customer Operations Engineer Training Programme, East Midlands
· Future Professional Customer Operations Engineer Training Programme, West Midlands
· Future Professional Investment planning office Engineer Training Programme
· Professional Hydrogen Specialist Engineer Programme
· Professional Hydrogen Project Engineer Programme
· Professional Asset Investment Engineer Programme
· Professional Control Engineer Programme
· Professional Engineer Programme
We're excited to hear from you and to support you on your journey to becoming an exceptional engineer.
The recruitment window is now closed, but you can still register your interest and be one of the first to hear when our window reopens here.
To stay up to date with what's happening at Cadent, you can follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram.