Extra support for those who need it
Could you get extra support in a gas emergency?
The Priority Services Register (PSR) helps energy companies like us look after customers who have extra communication, access or safety needs.
When your gas is off, we know it can be a really stressful time. It can be even more challenging for people who have extra communication, access or safety needs.
The Priority Services Register ensures that in the event of a gas emergency, people in need can access the best possible service - because customers living in the most vulnerable situations in our society deserve our care.
Cadent offer a range of priority services including (but not limited to):
- Providing you with alternatively heating and cooking facilities should your gas be interrupted as part of our works
- The use of a password facility to keep you safe on your doorstep. Read more on how we strive to protect you from bogus callers by ensuring that out engineers follow a strick process to allow you to check their credentials should you not be expecting their call.
- For the purposes of safety, if you are unable to reach your gas emergency control valve (ECV) due to poor mobility, we may be able to fund this work for you. To find out if you are eligible for this service please call us on 0800 0745 788 to talk with one of our team members to discuss it further
- Providing translation services should there be a need for it 24/7, 365 days of the year
- At Cadent we are constantly looking at ways to positively improve our processes to raise awareness of the PSR, the services that we offer to support customers to stay safe, warm and independent in their homes and innovations such as the Locking Cooker Valve
Who is eligible for the Priority Services Register?
You can join the register if you:
- Have a chronic or serious illness
- Are dependent on medical equipment including oxygen
- Have poor mobility, sight, hearing, smell or speech difficulties
- Are not able to communicate in English
- Would benefit from extra support in the event of an interruption in their
energy supply as they have young families with children under five or are of pensionable age