The Priority Services Register (PSR) is a way that we can help those who have extra communication, access or safety needs to gain equal access to the best possible service(s) at all times. We understand that it can be a stressful time when your gas supply goes off, especially if you find yourself in a vulnerable situation, and the PSR helps us ensure that you can access the care that you deserve.
To join the Priority Services Register email us or call 0345 835 1111
What is the Priority Services Register?
The PSR is a completely free service, designed to make it easier for those who need a little extra help. Each energy supplier and electricity network operator maintain their own register, meaning that you can register with us and receive essential benefits that will make the management of your energy supply easier. These include:
- Providing you with alternative heating and cooking facilities should your gas be interrupted as part of our works.
- The use of a password facility to keep you safe on your doorstep. You can read more about how we strive to protect you from bogus callers by ensuring that out engineers follow a strict process and must allow you to check their credentials should you not be expecting their call.
- For the purposes of safety, if you are unable to reach your gas emergency control valve (ECV) due to poor mobility, we may be able to move this for you. To find out if you are eligible for this service, please call us on 0800 0745 788 to talk with one of our team members to discuss it further.
- Providing translation services should there be a need for it 24/7, 365 days of the year.
At Cadent we are constantly looking at ways to positively improve our processes to raise awareness of the PSR, the services that we offer to support customers to stay safe, warm and independent in their homes and innovations such as the Locking Cooker Valve
The PSR is an energy industry-wide register – all participating companies are signed up to the PSR Promise
How Do I Know If I’m Eligible for the Priority Services Register?
Eligibility for the Priority Services Register is dependent on a variety of factors. You and others in your household can join the register if:
- someone has a chronic or serious illness
- someone is dependent on medical equipment including oxygen
- someone has poor mobility, reduced sight, hearing or sense of smell and/or speech difficulties
- someone is not able to communicate in English
- someone is of pensionable age or has living with them children under 5 years old who may benefit from additional support in the event of an interruption to their energy supply.