- A project to replace gas mains under London’s busy King’s Road has been crowned Utility Project of the Year at the Pipeline Industries Guild awards
- Awards ceremony took place aboard HQS (Head Quarters Ship) Wellington on the Thames
- Project is part of Cadent’s ongoing mission to keep Londoners connected to safe and reliable gas supplies
Cadent is celebrating after a high profile project in King’s Road won a top award at the annual Pipeline Industries Guild awards.
The project forms part of Cadent’s £1 billion investment to replace and upgrade the London gas supply network which provides a safe and reliable gas supply to more than two million customers.
Cadent representatives were presented with the Utility Project of the Year award in a ceremony aboard HQS Wellington moored on the River Thames.
To win the prestigious accolade the project team had to show how they had achieved a number of firsts to overcome the complex challenges associated with the project. These included:
- Developing never before used in the UK large diameter gas pipes that were capable of transporting the required amounts of gas.
- Developing and deploying special seal removal and vacuum technology for use on the project
- Use of state of the art digital 3D mapping technology to design the most effective route through London’s congested subterranean landscape and develop effective traffic management
- Extensive collaboration with the whole supply chain, stakeholders and other infrastructure projects in the area
- Preparing project team members for the complex challenges with a specially developed three-day bespoke training package
Project Manager Andrew Hejdner said: “This award belongs to the whole team to get to where we are with the project and to win this award has been an incredible achievement.
“We had to negotiate and plan our way around one of London’s most famous streets and a very busy subterranean environment.”
He added: “I’d like to thank the whole team for their efforts and of course the Pipeline Industries Guild for selecting us for this honour.”
Cadent’s medium pressure gas mains replacement work in London is being delivered by strategic partner tRIIO, a joint venture owned by Morrison Utility Services and Skanska.
To find out more about Cadent’s medium pressure gas mains replacement work in London people can call or email the project Community Relations Team on 0800 389 8261 or email@example.com.
For 24-hour operational enquiries about projects people should call 0800 096 5678.
Information can also be found at www.bettergaspipes.co.uk
The Pipeline Industries Guild was formed in 1957, for more information visit https://www.pipeguild.com/