The safety of our customers and colleagues is our number one priority. During this difficult time for the UK, we are doing all we can to ensure that all our customers, especially those in vulnerable situations, continue to receive the services they need.
We are continuing to deliver safe and reliable gas supplies and to operate the gas emergency service for our 11 million customers across the North West, the Midlands, East of England and North London.
If we need to visit your home, we will need to ask you some extra questions:
- Is there anyone in your property with a confirmed case of Coronavirus?
- Are you or anyone else in the property in self-isolation on medical advice or following contact with someone who has the virus?
Please don’t worry about these questions - we will still come out to you. If the answer to either of these questions is ‘yes’, we will need to take the following measures so that we can keep you, our colleagues and other people safe:
Questions and answers
Has Cadent been affected by the Coronavirus?
- We will ask that the people in the property stay in a separate room from the engineer while he or she carries out essential work or safety checks. For example, stay in a room where there are no gas appliances or the gas meter
- Please open the windows in the room where the engineer will be working
- Our engineer will wear protective clothing, including gloves and a mask, as a precaution
- Once our engineer has finished their work and leaves, they will remove the gloves, dispose of them safely and then thoroughly wash their hands before going to the next property.
No. There has been no impact on Cadent colleagues or services due to the Coronavirus. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and take all necessary precautions to protect our customers and colleagues. We are following expert advice from Public Health England.
What plans do you have in place if the Coronavirus affects your business?
Cadent, like many businesses and organisations, has plans in place that look at what we need to do in a variety of different incident situations and scenarios. These plans are tested on a regular basis so that we can continue to deliver the service expected from our customers. We are ensuring these plans are up-to-date so that we are able to continue to provide services to our customers, as well as providing advice and support to our colleagues
Will you still come out to gas escapes or suspected carbon monoxide?
Yes. We will ensure we are able to provide this service safely to our customers. We want to assure customers that we will attend any gas escape and that we will make it safe, whether a person in that home has the Coronavirus or not. Obviously, safety precautions will be taken to ensure our colleagues do not catch or spread the virus.