• Engineers poised to carry out essential gas mains repairs at the roundabout of Station Road and Whisby Road in North Hykeham.
• Temporary three way traffic lights will be used to enable work to be carried out safely and efficiently
• Work will help ensure local community keep on enjoying safe and reliable gas supplies for cooking and heating
Engineers are preparing to carry out essential repairs to gas mains on a busy section of road in North Hykeham, Lincoln.
The work will be carried out to repair a gas main at the Station Road/Whisby Road roundabout in North Hykeham, Lincoln.
It is planned to begin the work on the evening of Monday 21 November, then continue during the day from Tuesday 22 November with work expected to be complete on Friday 25 November.
To enable the work to be carried out safely and efficiently temporary three way traffic lights will be used.
Lee Gardner, Network Supervisor (Repair), said: “We’ll do all we can to complete these essential repairs as soon as possible with minimal disruption to people.
“This work will help ensure local people keep on enjoying safe and reliable gas supplies for cooking and heating.”
Suspected gas escapes should be reported on 0800 111 999.
For more information on National Grid’s work visit: http://www2.nationalgrid.com/UK/In-your-area/Mains-replacement/In-your-street/
Notes to editors - archive
National Grid is one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world and was named Responsible Business of the Year 2014 by Business in the Community. This accolade acknowledges all of our efforts in getting involve with the things that really matter to us and to society. We own and manage the grids that connect people to the energy they need, from whatever the source. In Britain and the north-eastern states of the US we run systems that deliver gas and electricity to millions of people, businesses and communities.
In Britain, we run the gas and electricity systems that our society is built on, delivering gas and electricity across the country. In the North Eastern US, we connect more than seven million gas and electric customers to vital energy sources, essential for our modern lifestyles.
National Grid in the UK:
- We own the high-voltage electricity transmission network in England and Wales, operating it across Great Britain
- We own and operate the high pressure gas transmission system in Britain
- Our gas distribution business delivers gas to 10.9 million homes and businesses
- We also own a number of related businesses including LNG importation, land remediation and metering
- National Grid manages the National Gas Emergency Service free phone line on behalf of the industry - 0800 111 999 (all calls are recorded and may be monitored).
- Our portfolio of other businesses is mainly concerned with infrastructure provision and related services where we can exploit our core skills and assets to create value. These businesses operate in areas such as Metering, Grain LNG Import, Interconnectors and Property. National Grid Carbon Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of National Grid. It undertakes Carbon Capture Storage related activities on behalf of National Grid.
Find out more about the energy challenge and how National Grid is helping find solutions to some of the challenges we face at www.nationalgridconnecting.com
National Grid undertakes no obligation to update any of the information contained in this release, which speaks only as at the date of this release, unless required by law or regulation.