Could you benefit from joining the Priority Services Register?
The Priority Services Register is a FREE service to help people who are living in vulnerable situations. Especially those who have extra communication, access or safety needs. You can sign up yourself or share this with someone who might benefit from the service.
What is the Priority Services Register?
The Priority Services Register is a list which energy companies keep and share so we know who needs more help. For example, if someone finds it difficult to walk they may not be able to answer the door very quickly. We can highlight this to our staff who will know to wait longer at the doorstep.
How you can sign up for the Priority Services Register
If you would like to sign-up to the Priority Services Register you can do this by contacting your energy supplier. You can find out who your energy supplier is by looking on your gas or electric bill. Alternatively, we can register on your behalf either in person or over the phone. Call us on 0345 835 1111.
Who can sign up for the Priority Services Register
You can register if:
- You have a chronic or serious illness
- You rely on electrical medical equipment such as a ventilator or oxygen supply
- You have mobility, sight, hearing, or speech difficulties
- You are unable to communicate in English (including born Deaf)
- You have children under 5 or are of pensionable age and would be in a vulnerable situation without your energy supply
- You have mental health issues or are living with dementia
- You have temporary life changes such as post hospital recovery
How we can help people who are on the Priority Services Register
We have created a tool-kit for our staff to give them the skills to help our customers who are on the Priority Services Register providing equal access to our services. Here are some of the ways we can help;
- We have a dedicated language line to help translate for people who are unable to communicate in English.
- We provide training to our staff for how to communicate with customers who are Deaf from birth or otherwise.
- We have a knock-and-wait service for customers with mobility issues.
For example, we visited an elderly customer recently after completing some essential works in her road. She is a lady who loves living independently in her home. However, things are not as easy for her as they used to be because mobility restrictions are making cleaning and keeping on top of things harder.
As a result we offered to register the customer on the Priority Services Register. We also referred her to her local council to find out about extra services available in her area to help her stay independent.
The Priority Services Register is a FREE service we offer to our customers who have additional communication, access or safety needs. If you’d like to sign up, get in touch with your energy supplier or call us on 0345 835 1111.
Please share this information with anyone who you think might benefit from being registered, or you can find out more by visiting the Ofgem website here.